readelf: report DF_1_PIE as "Position Independent Executable"

Simon Marchi simon.marchi@polymtl.ca
Fri Jun 11 14:48:02 GMT 2021


> diff --git a/gdb/testsuite/lib/gdb.exp b/gdb/testsuite/lib/gdb.exp
> index d8c684c7238..a317781dafe 100644
> --- a/gdb/testsuite/lib/gdb.exp
> +++ b/gdb/testsuite/lib/gdb.exp
> @@ -6078,7 +6078,7 @@ proc exec_is_pie { executable } {
>      if { $res != 0 } {
>  	return -1
>      }
> -    set res [regexp -line {^[ \t]*Type:[ \t]*DYN \(Shared object file\)$} \
> +    set res [regexp -line {^[ \t]*Type:[ \t]*DYN \((Position Independent Executable|Shared object) file\)$} \
>  		 $output]
>      if { $res == 1 } {
>  	return 1

Props for finding this place that needed to be updated.  That change is
ok on the GDB side.

Grammar nit: I'm not a native english speaker and I don't know how that
rule would be called, but I think that an hyphen would technically be
required between Position and Independent (Position-Independent)?

Simon


More information about the Binutils mailing list