PR27259, SHF_LINK_ORDER self-link

Alan Modra amodra@gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 22:59:57 GMT 2021

On Fri, Jan 29, 2021 at 03:04:29PM +0000, Nick Clifton wrote:
> Hi H.J.
>
>   [Sorry - only just found this email in my queue]
>
> > I am checking in this testcase.  Shouldn't this patch be backported to
> > 2.35 and 2.36 branches?
>
> Please backport to both branches.

Done.  Not the testcase though, I don't believe it is appropriate to
backport new testcases.

Incidentally if anyone is seeing "FAIL: gnu-debuglink (objdump 1)"
when running the testsuite on the 2.35 branch there's no need for
concern if you happen to have installed 2.36 or later binutils.  The
reason for the failure is that 2.36 on x86 (and mainline on ppc) now
trim off unused section symbols.  2.35 objcopy puts them back, leading
to a trivial difference in disassembly after manipulating files with
objcopy.

--
Alan Modra
Australia Development Lab, IBM