Looking for advice for GNU debuglink generation.

Kalamatee kalamatee@gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 02:46:03 GMT 2021

Hello,

I am looking for advice on the generation of gnu debug link information in
binaries
Currently when cross compiling our operating system, we export the debug,.
strip the binary, and add the debug link which "works" to some extent, but
only if the file layout matches on another machine running the
hosted version of our operating system.

The problem we have is our binaries are generated under some directory
(e.g. /home/test/build/AROS/), which is present in the debug link
information for all the binaries we generate. Is there some way to define a
base path that the linker will strip when adding this?

In future, we had hoped to move the generated debug information under
<build dir>/Developer/Debug/dbg - - but again doing so doesn't work because
it then looks for <build dir>/Developer/Debug/dbg/<biuld dir>/<relative
path to binary>/<binary>

Any advice would be greatly appreciated....