[PATCH 00/13] CTF dumper improvements, a lookup testsuite, and bugfixes

H.J. Lu hjl.tools@gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 15:53:02 GMT 2021


On Tue, Jan 5, 2021 at 7:19 AM Nick Alcock via Binutils
<binutils@sourceware.org> wrote:
>
> On 30 Dec 2020, Alan Modra via Binutils spake thusly:
>
> > Good.  :-)  Looks OK to commit.  Note that the top-level changes
> > should be committed to the gcc repo, otherwise they are likely to
> > disappear the next time someone syncs the binutils top-level from
> > gcc.
>
> Pushed! I'll see about sending the top-level stuff out next (it's so
> simple that it should be easy to get in before the next sync, and if we
> *do* miss it, all that happens is that make check-libctf does nothing
> for a bit: no harm).
>
> (As usual, this works everywhere I can try it, with one exception I just
> noticed: the new libctf-writable testsuite works on non-ELF platforms,
> with tests that link to the newly-built libctf, but on a
> cygwin-to-mingw64 cross in one of my cygwin64 installations -- but only
> one -- I'm seeing very odd stuff that looks almost like a buffer overrun
> in the dynamic linker: complaints that it can't find shared libraries
> whose names are complete garbage. I've ignored that for now because
> whatever it is it's not a libctf bug and shouldn't really hold up a
> libctf testsuite finally landing for everyone else. So my apologies if
> anyone sees ERROR or FAIL results in that situation.)

All libctf tests failed for cross binutils without a cross compiler:

ERROR: aarch64-linux-cc does not exist

-- 
H.J.


More information about the Binutils mailing list