Installation question

Gary Oblock gary@amperecomputing.com
Thu Feb 25 19:40:21 GMT 2021

Alan,

Actually, building gcc second seems to result in gcc cleaning out
the binutils content from the install directory!

Does anybody out there know how I'd go about debugging the
linker myself? I ask this because the one who tried to help
can't seem to duplicate the problem on their machine...

Gary
________________________________
From: Alan Modra <amodra@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, February 24, 2021 3:39 PM
To: Gary Oblock <gary@amperecomputing.com>
Cc: binutils@sourceware.org <binutils@sourceware.org>
Subject: Re: Installation question

[EXTERNAL EMAIL NOTICE: This email originated from an external sender. Please be mindful of safe email handling and proprietary information protection practices.]

It is better to build and install binutils first, so that the gcc
configure sees an up-to-date assembler and linker.  New gcc features
might not be enabled otherwise.

--
Alan Modra
Australia Development Lab, IBM