ia64 obsolescence

John Paul Adrian Glaubitz glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de
Thu Feb 11 10:02:56 GMT 2021

Hello!

On 2/8/21 7:31 AM, Alan Modra wrote:
> What I'd like from those of you who objected to removing ia64, is a
> better evaluation of reverting the bad commit.  Native ia64 gcc and
> glibc testresult differences, for example.  Alternatively, Jim's
> blessing of the revert.  That might be enough to get ia64 off the
> obsolete list.

gcc-10 build and testsuite results without the patch:

> https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=gcc-10&arch=ia64&ver=10.2.1-6&stamp=1611388329&raw=0

gcc-10 build and testsuite results with the patch:

> https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=gcc-10&arch=ia64&ver=10.2.1-6%2Bb1&stamp=1612994858&raw=0

glibc build and testsuite results without the patch:

> https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=glibc&arch=ia64&ver=2.31-9&stamp=1612861943&raw=0

glibc build and testsuite results with the patch:

> https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=glibc&arch=ia64&ver=2.31-9&stamp=1612889244&raw=0

It seems that the patch has no impact on the testsuites unless I made a mistake.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz