Chew segmentation fault while building on Ubuntu/Debian

Tiberiu Chibici chibicitiberiu@gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 11:07:40 GMT 2021

Hello Alan,
Yes, you can see the complete build script in the github link I sent in my
original message. In the build script, I download binutils.tar.gz, unpack
it, run configure and then build.

These are the exact steps I took when setting up the VMs:
1. Install latest Ubuntu 20.04 LTS in a fresh VM
2. Install all updates (sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade)
3. Install these dependencies:

$ sudo apt install build-essential bison flex libgmp3-dev libmpc-dev
libmpfr-dev texinfo \
                   nasm mtools git

4. Clone repo (https://github.com/chibicitiberiu/nanobyte_os.git)
5. Run

$ make toolchain

which runs the script linked in my previous message.

--
Chibici Tiberiu