using -z relo for arm-none-eabi

Nick Clifton nickc@redhat.com
Wed Apr 7 10:34:44 GMT 2021

Hi Norbert,

>> +COMMONPAGESIZE="CONSTANT (COMMONPAGESIZE)"

> I guess if I do that, then the drawback would be some holes caused by
> grouping and alignment?

Yup... :-)

> Are there defaults for COMMONPAGESIZE and MAXPAGESIZE defined anywhere (else)?

Yes.  See bfd.elf32-arm.c:

   #define ELF_MAXPAGESIZE		0x10000
   #define ELF_MINPAGESIZE		0x1000
   #define ELF_COMMONPAGESIZE		0x1000

> Id hope the solution can be added upstream, if for example those default to 1,
> then there should be little to no adverse effects.

I have to say that I am very reluctant to make a change like this as it is almost
bound to break some user's projects.  Hmmm.  Are you building your own toolchain ?
One possible solution would be to add a configure time option, disabled by default,
which turns on support for relro for the ARM.  Then you could build your toolchain
with this option on, but others would not be affected unless they too choose to
enable the option...