2.35.1 (was: Commit: Gas: Add .nop directive.)

Nick Clifton nickc@redhat.com
Tue Sep 15 12:45:17 GMT 2020

Hi Hans-Peter,

> On a brief inspection, it seems it's not a trivial overlooked
> definition (thanks for caring), but instead some kind of
> undefinedwilduninitialized thing.

Ah ha!  Please try the vert latest binutils sources.  I checked
in a patch today that should fix this.  (The problem is that on
some architectures the md_assemble() function leaves input_line_pointer
pointing to its input parameter.  Since s_nops() passes md_assemble
a string which it frees upon return, ilp ends up pointing into freed memory....

> PS.  It should be "swym 0", not "set $0,$0".  I'll fix.

Thanks - please do.