.ascii/.asciz: juxtaposition and comma

Nick Clifton nickc@redhat.com
Tue Nov 17 15:48:02 GMT 2020

Hi Jan
,
> butt I'd expect
> directives to be less "relaxed" in how arguments can be
> specified. IOW if the strings aren't concatenated in the case
> here, I'd have expected a syntax error instead.

I have checked in a patch to concatenate space separated string
arguments, which is what I think the user would expect.

gas/ChangeLog
2020-11-17  Nick Clifton  <nickc@redhat.com>

	* read.c (stringer): Treat space separated, quote enclosed strings
	as a single string.
	* doc/as.texi (asciz): Mention this behaviour in the description
	of the asciz directive.
	* testsuite/gas/all/asciz.s: New test.
	* testsuite/gas/all/asciz.d: New test driver.
	* testsuite/gas/all/gas.exp: Run the new test.