[PATCH] bfd: tweak SET_ARCH_MACH of aout-cris.c
Gunther Nikl
gnikl@justmail.de
Thu May 7 20:05:08 GMT 2020
Hans-Peter Nilsson <hp@bitrange.com>:
>
> On Thu, 7 May 2020, Gunther Nikl wrote:
> >
> > A last question if you don't mind: there is a comment in set_sizes
> > in front of line setting the relocation entry size. Since you had
> > to add a case of bfd_arch_cris to "NAME (aout, machine_type)"
> > adding such a case to "NAME (aout, set_arch_mach)" to use the
> > generic set_sizes does not sound that bad. At least for me the
> > machine_type function is also about target-specific things.
>
> I didn't see a question there. Were the comments unclear?
> I think I understand them.
The question is: why is adding the bfd_arch_cris case in "NAME (aout,
machine_type)" ok, but extending the reloc case in "NAME (aout,
set_arch_mach)" is not?
Regards,
Gunther
More information about the Binutils
mailing list