[PATCH] x86: make I disassembler macro available for new use

H.J. Lu hjl.tools@gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 13:24:21 GMT 2020


On Thu, Jun 25, 2020 at 6:08 AM Jan Beulich <jbeulich@suse.com> wrote:
>
> The {Q|Q} construct on lgdt/lidt and the slightly different {Q|IQ}
> struck me as odd when encountering. Realizing they both have the same
> effect, let's free up the I macro by using the former form of construct
> where needed (there aren't that many uses overall).
>
> With there now being several multi-character macros also re-do "alt"
> handling slightly: Terminate it when finding the closing brace, rather
> than after the next single character. Also set the flag only when
> actually in Intel syntax mode.
>
> opcodes/
> 2020-06-XX  Jan Beulich  <jbeulich@suse.com>
>
>         * i386-dis.c: Adjust description of I macro.
>         (x86_64_table): Drop use of I.
>         (float_mem): Replace use of I.
>         (putop): Remove handling of I. Adjust setting/clearing of "alt".
>

OK.

Thanks.

-- 
H.J.


More information about the Binutils mailing list