Plugin tests in ld testsuite

Stephen Casner casner@acm.org
Tue Jun 16 19:20:24 GMT 2020


On Tue, 16 Jun 2020, Alan Modra wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 15, 2020 at 05:22:09PM -0700, Stephen Casner wrote:
> > Should the pdp11-aout target be fixed to properly support plugins, or
> > is there no point and it should just be configured to disable plugin
> > support?
>
> I think you would be pioneering AOUT plugin support if you chose to
> support plugins on pdp11.  How much of a challenge do you enjoy?  :-)

I should have asked my question explicitly at the start of this thread
and saved myself a bunch of time spent investigating how the test
failed.  I infer that there is no need to support plugins for pdp11.
It looks like the proper fix is to unconfigure --enable-plugins so the
tests are not attempted and to avoid creating invalid user
expectations.

The challenge I'm much more interested to work on (and was before
being distracted by trying to get all the binutils tests cleaned up)
is implementing ELF format for the pdp11 in gcc and binutils.  With a
couple of hacks I have that working to the extent of running a little
C++ test program on the PDP11.

                                                        -- Steve


More information about the Binutils mailing list