RISCV changes broke 32-bit --enable-targets=all

Maciej W. Rozycki macro@wdc.com
Fri Jul 31 21:56:32 GMT 2020

On Sat, 11 Jul 2020, Palmer Dabbelt wrote:

> > By the look of it, git commit 39ff0b812324 broke 32-bit host
> > --enable-targets=all binutils builds.
> >
> > /usr/local/bin/ld: ../opcodes/.libs/libopcodes.a(riscv-dis.o): in function `parse_riscv_dis_option':
> > /home/alan/src/binutils-gdb/opcodes/riscv-dis.c:102: undefined reference to `riscv_get_priv_spec_class'
> > collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
> > Makefile:925: recipe for target 'objdump' failed
>
> Sorry about that.  I know I haven't been checking --enable-targets=all builds,
> and I'm not sure if anyone else has either.

 FWIW I routinely have (also with GDB), though not with a 32-bit host due
to their mostly diminished role as processing work force.  In reality I
think it makes sense to verify both dedicated and `--enable-targets=all'
configurations, as different kind of breakage may happen depending on the
presence or absence of specific other code.  I have been hit with that in
the past.

  Maciej