test results with the 2.35 branch for several architectures

Maciej W. Rozycki macro@linux-mips.org
Wed Jul 22 13:19:41 GMT 2020

On Wed, 22 Jul 2020, Matthias Klose wrote:

> >  Some of the GAS failures are bugs in the respective test cases, which
> > fail to select an ABI with assembly and just happen to work with both o32
> > and n32, but not n64.
>
> Thanks for looking at this, this change was requested by one of the Debian MIPS
> porters, CCing YunQuiang Su.

 Nothing wrong with the change itself; I've had binutils similarly patched
locally for some of my configurations for some 20 years now.  However one
consequence is the Debian test results do not reflect upstream status.

 So you either need to XFAIL the test cases locally, or (preferably, but I
realise that would require more attention) fix the testsuite to handle n64
correctly throughout.

 Submitting such an actual fix upstream will be appreciated, as this issue
also affects our `mips64*-*-openbsd' targets as they stand.  This is not
exactly easy though, especially with the generic tests affected, due to
MIPS/n64's peculiar relocation format.  It should be somewhat easier for
the MIPS-specific tests though with the various test framework portability
updates I have made over the years.

 NB my local patches to make n64 the default for 64-bit Linux do not
adjust the testsuite either; initially I wasn't interested, and then I
never got back to it.  I may yet double-check if I have left anything
behind there.

  Maciej