[SeaBIOS] Re: recent ld built for x86_64 fails to accept 16bit code as input (seabios build)

Nick Clifton nickc@redhat.com
Fri Jul 10 10:58:06 GMT 2020

Hi Guys,

  I have just updated PR 26047 with a suggested patch which I think could resolve
  this situation.  (Patch attached here as well in order to save time).  It adds
  a new linker command line option: -z allowexec  which will disable the warnings
  about linking in executable files.  The default is still to have these warnings
  as I think that in most cases this behaviour makes sense.

  Will this solve the problem for you ?