Remove powerpc PE support

Alexander von Gluck IV kallisti5@unixzen.com
Thu Jul 9 19:21:01 GMT 2020

July 9, 2020 8:35 AM, "Alan Modra via Binutils" <binutils@sourceware.org> wrote:

> Plus some leftover powerpc lynxos support.
>
> powerpc-pe was obsoleted for 2.35. Normally we'd leave the code in
> the tree until 2.36 in case someone wanted to work on it. I don't
> think that's going to happen since the target support has been quite

A quick reminder that EFI extensively uses Pe for its loaders,
so there is a potential "modern" use for Pe + (insert arch here)

This isn't a volunteer to maintain it, but just pointing out
that ld.lld / llvm maintains Pe support for most architectures for
this reason.

There is some work around PPC64 + EFI, so it could "become a thing"
in the future.

 -- Alex