[SeaBIOS] Re: recent ld built for x86_64 fails to accept 16bit code as input (seabios build)

Andreas Schwab schwab@linux-m68k.org
Thu Jul 9 16:24:20 GMT 2020

On Jul 09 2020, Kevin O'Connor wrote:

> The proposed approach is to use a combination of printf and dd to
> binary modify the intermediate object file so as to clear the (now
> banned) linker flag.  I did feel, and continue to feel, this is an
> ugly hack that is fragile.

The easiest way to link a binary blob into an object is to encapsulate
the blob into a rel object via the .incbin assembler directive.

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab, schwab@linux-m68k.org
GPG Key fingerprint = 7578 EB47 D4E5 4D69 2510  2552 DF73 E780 A9DA AEC1