configuring binutils/ld/testsuite when there is no g++ compiler

Nick Clifton nickc@redhat.com
Fri Aug 21 13:13:37 GMT 2020

Hi Alan,

> I’m working on a port for an embedded system where there’s only a C compiler, no C++, and would like to disable the linker tests that use g++;
> I rummaged around thru various config files, but didn’t find anything helpful.

Sorry - there is no support for this in the linker testsuite. :-(

If you are feeling motivated you could add the support though.  You
could add a new proc to ld/testsuite/lib/ld-lib.exp that returns
0/1 for C++ support absent/present, and then add code to call this
proc in the various tests that use c++.  (Or maybe just in the procs
in ld-lib.exp that compile with g++).