FYI: git-hooks update on sourceware.org

Joel Brobecker brobecker@adacore.com
Fri Aug 7 16:21:18 GMT 2020

> > What version of Python are you using, is it really old?  All the
> > reasonably recent and supported Python versions ship with the enum
> > module.
>
> Ah nevermind, I thought it was available in 2.7, but no.  So I presume
> you use 2.7.

Overseers just got it installed for us. So I've re-done the update.

> Or, making sure you use python3 on the server could just be easier.

This is in my TODO, but I'm still busy finishing up on the enhancement
requests made by the GCC community. Once that's done, I'll start working
on the transition to Python 3.x. I expect it to be a lot of work, not
necessarily because the code might need a lot of transformation (it's
possible, but my experience with the style_checker regarding that has
been that it's fairly limited), but because I have to redo the testsuite
framework, and then transition every testcase (all 200 of them). Since
I do all that work during a few hours each weekend, I don't expect this
to be done before end of this year at best. I look forward to being
able to use all the new Python features brought by the latest Python
though!

I will install your script on Monday (I have more chances to be at
my desk if something goes wrong).

--
Joel