binutils 2.34 on NixOS

Nick Clifton nickc@redhat.com
Mon Apr 27 11:32:17 GMT 2020

Hi Bernardo,

>> In the case of coreutils' |tests/cp/parent-perm-race|, it tries to
>> |chmod g+s| a directory, which is disallowed by the seccomp configured
>> inside the first part of the linked code.
>>
>>From this it seems like these tests were never supposed to pass anyway,
> and that they did was a bug. Did something change in the 2.31<->2.33.1 version
> span that could be the cause of this?

Does this mean that the latest binutils are actually behaving correctly
and that it is the older binutils which were wrong ?  (In which case this
is kind of a non-issue, although I am sure that it would be interesting
to know what changed/was fixed in the binutils to expose this problem in
the coreutils testsuite).