libctf: can I reuse Bruno's code from appendix B of Uli's DSO howto?

Nick Alcock nick.alcock@oracle.com
Wed Apr 15 12:16:03 GMT 2020

On 14 Apr 2020, Bruno Haible verbalised:

> Nick Alcock wrote:
>> Thank you! Suitably-modified versions of this land in libctf soon (and
>> if other bits of binutils want to use it, we can migrate it into
>> libibierty later).
>
> As an application programmer, I don't really want to spend time minimizing
> the number of relocations of a library or (now that -fPIE is in wide use)
> of an executable. I wish GCC would offer attributes that make this task
> easier.

Neither do I -- but this also let me autogenerate the error list from
the ctf-api.h header file, which was my real goal in this: the luxury of
needing to change only one place when adding an error. :)

--
NULL && (void)