libctf: can I reuse Bruno's code from appendix B of Uli's DSO howto?

Nick Alcock nick.alcock@oracle.com
Tue Apr 14 19:42:45 GMT 2020

On 14 Apr 2020, Bruno Haible spake thusly:

>> Bruno wrote a nice little
>> automated fix for this general problem: it's included in Uli's DSO howto
>> at <https://www.akkadia.org/drepper/dsohowto.pdf>: rather than
>> re-engineering it, I thought I'd add a buncha comments and reuse the
>> code in libctf.
>>
>> But it's probably long enough and surely tricksy enough to be
>> copyright-significant in the FSF's eyes
>
> The code I originally sent to Ulrich, and which I hereby put in the public
> domain:

Thank you! Suitably-modified versions of this land in libctf soon (and
if other bits of binutils want to use it, we can migrate it into
libibierty later).