[PATCH v2] binutils: arm: Fix disassembly of conditional VDUPs

Fredrik Strupe fredrik@strupe.net
Tue Apr 14 18:52:37 GMT 2020


On 14.04.2020 16:30, Nick Clifton wrote:
> When you say "system" do you mean "the assembler that is being tested" ?
> It is quite common to build cross targeted assemblers, so it is not the
> host system that matters, but the toolchain that is being tested.
>

Right, I forgot that it's not the system-installed assembler that's being
used.

> Generally speaking I would expect all ARM targeted assemblers to support
> the -mfpu=neon option.  If however there are configurations that don't
> then you can always add the "#notarget: <configuration>" line to the 
> test driver file.  (Grep through the gas/testsuite/gas/arm/*.d files for
> examples of this).
>

Thanks for the pointer. It seems like the gas tests that use -mfpu=neon
either have no #notarget line or a common one like *-*-pe *-*-wince, so
I suppose the new tests should be fine as is then.

Fredrik



More information about the Binutils mailing list