Use ld to tell the full library path?

Jeffrey Walton noloader@gmail.com
Mon May 6 02:03:00 GMT 2019

Hi Everyone,

My apologies if this is the wrong approach to a problem...

I'm trying to test OpenSSL with Address Sanitizer (Asan). OpenSSL uses
their own practices in their build system, so the compiler/linker
cannot place Asan libraries first in the list (apparently this is an
Asan requirement).

The recommended workaround is to use LD_PRELOAD on Linux. Which leads
me to... is there a way to have ld tell me which Asan library will be
used when I use an option like -fsanitize=address or -lasan?

In Bash I was thinking something like:

    ASAN_LIB=$(ld -lasan)
    LD_PRELOAD="$ASAN_LIB:LD_PRELOAD" make check

Thanks in advance