Regenerate with approved autotools version

John Darrington john@darrington.wattle.id.au
Wed Jun 19 17:59:00 GMT 2019

On Wed, Jun 19, 2019 at 11:51:29AM +0100, Nick Alcock wrote:
     On 14 Jun 2019, Alan Modra uttered the following:

     > Someone apparently used a distro autotools.

     So I'll use an autoconf installed from the upstream tarball from now on.

I seriously think, it'll  be better all round if we remove all
autogenerated files from the git repository.   It will mean that a
small extra overhead will be placed on developers, but this need
be very small, and can be mitigated if we provide a recommended
set of tools as an addendum.   But this overhead I think will be
greatly offset by the certainty that running "./configure; make" builds
everything and that nothing is left in an inderterminate state.

J'

--
Avoid eavesdropping.  Send strong encrypted email.
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3