FYI about top-level config change

Tom Tromey tom@tromey.com
Fri Jun 14 18:25:00 GMT 2019

Hi.  I thought I'd send a note about an upcoming top-level build change
we're making for gdb.

I'm going to check in a patch to move gdb/gnulib to the top level.
If you configure with --disable-gdb, this should not affect you.
If you build with gdb enabled, you may want to do a clean build.

The patch is here:

    https://sourceware.org/ml/gdb-patches/2019-06/msg00245.html

This move is part of an ongoing effort to eventually move gdbserver to
the top-level, so that it will no longer need its own unusual build
system.  This will speed up gdb builds by a bit as well.  Some info on
this is here:

    https://sourceware.org/ml/gdb-patches/2019-05/msg00735.html

I'll be sending the top-level patches to gcc-patches as well.

Tom