Fwd: Breakage on builder Fedora-x86_64-w64-mingw32, revision 79b377b3cf3a0e71e1e4710c4ee1e65e7a27a5d4

Nick Alcock nick.alcock@oracle.com
Tue Jun 4 13:53:00 GMT 2019

On 4 Jun 2019, Nick Clifton verbalised:

> It looks like you might need a configure test for dup3(), or something similar.
> (I chose dup3 because that it what libiberty appears to check when testing for
> O_CLOEXEC availability).

Hm, I'm not sure why we can't just check for O_CLOEXEC itself. It's just
a #define, and always for an integer, given the prototype of open():
test-compiling

int foo = O_CLOEXEC;

should be sufficient, I'd think.

(... why hasn't this showed up in my mingw tests? Maybe this was added
in a recent mingw, and I'm using something later than that?)