Updating config.guess, config.sub

Rainer Orth ro@CeBiTec.Uni-Bielefeld.DE
Mon Jan 14 14:52:00 GMT 2019

Hi Nick,

>>> I'd like to do the same for the binutils-gdb repo,
>>
>> Please do so.
>
> Thanks.  There's one question left, though: the attached patch (tested
> on sparcv9-sun-solaris2.11 and x86_64-pc-solaris2.11) contains both the
> sync from gcc at the toplevel and the update of
> support/config/config.{guess,sub} demanded by the MAINTAINERS file.
> However, on preparing the actual patch I noticed that the files in
> readline/support haven't been updated in more than a decade, contrary to
> MAINTAINERS.  I wonder if I should do so now (as in the patch) or just
> omit that part, especially given that there's work underway to update
> the bundled readline anyway?

given that there were no comments, I've now installed just the toplevel
sync from GCC part based on your approval to get this patch into
binutils 2.32 and gdb 8.3.  I've thus omitted the copies in
readline/support.  While this contradicts the MAINTAINERS file, it
follows existing practice for the last couple of years.

	Rainer