[PATCH] Only give FDE encoding warnings if --eh-frame-hdr was specified.

Sandra Loosemore sandra@codesourcery.com
Tue Dec 3 04:19:00 GMT 2019


This is an updated version of a patch I previously posted N years ago. 
It was approved back then, but for some reason I neglected to commit it 
at the time, and then forgot about it.  :-(

https://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2013-01/msg00333.html

The problem I'm trying to fix is that nios2 doesn't have appropriate 
relocations to support --eh-frame-hdr in conjunction with -fpie or 
-fPIE, and these warnings about the FDE encoding presently appear even 
when --eh-frame-hdr is not enabled.

The new patch is the same fix as the old one, just updated for bit rot. 
Unless I hear some objection or hit some other snag, I plan to commit it 
(along with the associated GCC specs patch to disable passing 
--eh-frame-hdr with PIE) in a couple days, when I've completed testing. 
This time for sure!  ;-)

-Sandra
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: fde.patch
Type: text/x-patch
Size: 2271 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <https://sourceware.org/pipermail/binutils/attachments/20191203/d3ab893b/attachment.bin>


More information about the Binutils mailing list