RFC: Make dotnet assemblies test more robust

Nick Clifton nickc@redhat.com
Wed Aug 7 09:28:00 GMT 2019

Hi Omair,

> No worries. Your health is more important than a tiny patch! I just
> pinged it to make sure it didn't fall between the cracks. Please don't
> prioritize this over your health.

No worries - I am taking it easy, and I am on the mend.

Anyway, your patch applied cleanly, worked and did not introduce any
new testsuite failures to any other targets, so I was happy to apply it.
I did however make a couple of small changes:

  * I used the "return" keyword in the test_objdump_dotnet_assemblies
    proc in a few places in order to simplify the indentation and
    reduce brace nesting.

  * I added "pass $test" statements for the vanilla 32-bit and 64-bit
    PE format checks, just so that the success of these tests is
    recorded in the logs.

  * I added a couple of extra "set test ..." statements so that each
    specific test has its own descriptive name.

  * I added some comments to the proc so that any future readers are
    informed as to what is going on, and why the UNSUPPORTED results
    are not serious.