[GAS][ARM] Fix testism for bl local v4t test

Andre Vieira (lists) Andre.SimoesDiasVieira@arm.com
Fri Oct 26 14:18:00 GMT 2018

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the review.
On 26/10/18 11:38, Thomas Preudhomme wrote:
> Hi Andre,
>
> On Fri, 19 Oct 2018 at 15:59, Andre Vieira (lists)
> <Andre.SimoesDiasVieira@arm.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> This patch fixes a testism.
>> I believe this test was never really intended to test for this error
>> message and
>> '# stderr' never actually checked it.  This warning is tested elsewhere
>> and to my
>> understanding it would have not made any sense here either.
>>
>> I did some archaeological digging and found that the original patch that
>> was reviewed on the ml contained a blx-thumb-local.{d,s,l}.
>> See https://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2009-03/msg00511.html
>> The commit itself was missing the .s and .d files, I suspect these fell
>> through the 'svn add' crack and they help explain why there is a
>> blx-thumb-local.l to begin with.
>> I re-added them in this patch and updated due to bitrot.
>>
>> Is this OK for trunk?
>
> The commit 2ac93be706418f3b2aebeb22159a328023faed52 removed support
> for arm aout and coff targets, you can see that it simplifies the very
> same skip line to skipping only wince and pe arm targets and would
> therefore suggest to adapt the test you add to do the same.

Done.

> Beyond that, there is mention of relocation for foo so I'd suggest
> adding a readelf -r action and check for those relocation.
If you mean in bl-local-v4t's R_ARM_THM_CALL relocation on foo2, then I
feel that is sufficiently checked with objdump as it prints relocations
as comments.

blx-local-thumb has no relocations and I didn't expect it to have any.

Cheers,
Andre