[Patch][ld] ELF: update ld man page on `--gc-sections`

Alan Modra amodra@gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 22:50:00 GMT 2018

On Thu, Oct 25, 2018 at 09:21:41PM +0200, Christoph Conrads wrote:
> A recent patch fixes the behavior of ld when `--gc-sections` and
> `--gc-keep-exported` are both given on the linker command line [1].
> This commit below complements the patch and updates the ld man page.

Thanks, applied.

> This is my first binutils contribution and I will happily fix submission issues.

There were two small issues to bear in mind for future patches.  We
normally expect a ChangeLog entry in the body of your email, so I made
one saying:

2018-10-26  Christoph Conrads  <christoph.conrads@fluent.ai>

	* ld.texi (--gc-sections): Update.

Secondly, your email client wraps long lines

$ git am /tmp/christoph.conrads
Applying: ELF: update ld man page on `--gc-sections`
error: corrupt patch at line 6
Patch failed at 0001 ELF: update ld man page on `--gc-sections`

--
Alan Modra
Australia Development Lab, IBM