[gold patch] PR 22868: Fix case where IR file provides symbol visibility but replacement file does not
Mon Mar 26 18:17:00 GMT 2018
In PR 22868, two IR files provide conflicting visibility for a symbol.
When a def with PROTECTED visibility is seen after a def with DEFAULT
visibility, gold does not override the visibility. Later, if the
replacement object define the symbol with DEFAULT visibility, the symbol
remains DEFAULT. This was caused by a recent change to allow multiply-defined
absolute symbols, combined with the fact that the plugin framework was using
SHN_ABS as the section index for placeholder symbols. The solution is to
use a real (but arbitrary) section index.
2018-03-26 Cary Coutant <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* plugin.cc (Sized_pluginobj::do_add_symbols): Use a real section
index instead of SHN_ABS for defined symbols.
* testsuite/Makefile.am (plugin_pr22868): New test case.
* testsuite/Makefile.in: Regenerate
* testsuite/plugin_pr22868.sh: New test script.
* testsuite/plugin_pr22868_a.c: New source file.
* testsuite/plugin_pr22868_b.c: New source file.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 7601 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Binutils