Commit: PR 22875: Stop strip corrupting unknown relocs

Nick Clifton nickc@redhat.com
Fri Mar 23 09:20:00 GMT 2018

Hi Maciej,

>  Hmm, the o32 MIPS target backend however does not issue the "unsupported
> relocation" error, and neither does the i386 target AFAICS.  It looks to
> me like the reason is these targets do not support the RELA relocation
> format, as further indicated by `readelf -r':

> Again, I think it's up to the test case to get it right when encoding
> relocations manually.

The binutils/testsuite/binutils-all/strip-13.d file already has exceptions
for other targets that only support REL relocations.

Is there a way to determine o32 MIPS targets from the target triple ?

PS. I should probably try to write a REL version of strip-13 for the REL
  only targets...