[ARM-FDPIC 00/12] FDPIC ABI for ARM

Christophe Lyon christophe.lyon@st.com
Fri Mar 23 08:00:00 GMT 2018

On 22/03/2018 18:08, Joseph Myers wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Mar 2018, Christophe Lyon wrote:
>
>> On ARM, the FDPIC register is r9 [3], and the intended target name is
>> arm-linux-uclibceabi, although arm-linux-gnueabi works too. Note that
>
> arm-*-linux-uclibceabi already means normal non-FDPIC Linux with uClibc
> (that is, with uClibc by default; -mglibc and -muclibc can be used to
> select a multilib with different libc from the default one in a toolchain
> built with such multilibs).

Thanks for the clarification.

>> arm-uclinux exists, but uses another ABI and the BFLAT file format; it
>> does not support code sharing.
>
> But -uclinux* targets are the appropriate ones for MMU-less
> configurations.  It's possible you need a new variant such as
> arm-*-uclinuxfdpiceabi.

I did wonder about the right option, and looked at other targets,
but couldn't figure out the right choice.
Something like arm-*-uclinuxfdpiceabi is probably the right choice
as you suggest.

I'll check that and update the patches accordingly. It should be
only a cosmetic, mechanical change, though quite important.

I think it does not prevent from getting feedback on the rest of the series.

Thanks for your prompt feedback!

Christophe