Commit: PR 22875: Stop strip corrupting unknown relocs

Pedro Alves palves@redhat.com
Thu Mar 1 11:29:00 GMT 2018

On 02/27/2018 12:15 PM, Nick Clifton wrote:
> Hi Alan,
>
>> Please use "%pB: unsupported relocation type %#x".  A lot of work went
>> into reducing all the unsupported/invalid reloc message variants.
>
> Sorry - I forgot to go through and check all the messages.
>
> I am checking in this patch to fix up the ones that I missed.

It sounds like a few helper functions like:

 void
 bfd_error_unsupported_relocation (bfd *abfd, unsigned r_type)
 {
   _bfd_error_handler (_("%pB: unsupported relocation type: %#x"),
                       abfd, code);
 }

would help make sure ports are consistent, now and going forward.

Thanks,
Pedro Alves