RISC-V: _init and _fini vs array variants

Florian Weimer fweimer@redhat.com
Sat Jun 23 19:17:00 GMT 2018

On 06/22/2018 08:25 PM, Jim Wilson wrote:

> The no-init glibc support was added in 2013
>      https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2013-02/msg00604.html
>      https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2013-03/msg00322.html
> Looking at the patches, I see that they agree with what I said, new
> targets should not need the overhead of supporting init.
>
> The fact that DT_INIT and DT_FINI are still used looks like a harmless
> oversight in the original patch adding this support.  I'd suggest filing
> a glibc bug report for that.

Thanks for confirming that.

The design with the sysdeps directory doesn't lend itself easily to
fixing that because it does not scale well with the number of files that
need special logic.  But I've got a patch and hope to submit it soon.

Thanks,
Florian