[committed] RISC-V: Accept constant operands in la and lla

Andrew Waterman andrew@sifive.com
Fri Jun 22 22:49:00 GMT 2018

On Thu, Jun 21, 2018 at 9:17 PM, Sebastian Huber
<sebastian.huber@embedded-brains.de> wrote:
> On 21/06/18 18:06, Palmer Dabbelt wrote:
>>

>>> I try to add a documentation of "lla". See also:
>>>

>>> https://groups.google.com/a/groups.riscv.org/forum/#!topic/sw-dev/sDQWmHyzHi8
>>

>> Thanks.  I suppose this should be documented in the GAS manual, though we
>> don't have any of the pseudos in there.  Do you mind adding a section to
>>
>>    gas/doc/c-riscv.texi
>>
>> for pseduo ops that contains lla?  We can add the rest later...
>

> Should the GAS manual really duplicate the RISC-V manuals? I would only
> describe the command line options and add a links to the relevant RISC-V
> manuals.
>

>> Additionally, we've been collecting all the standard interfaces in RISC-V
>> specific manuals.  Do you mind adding a bit here about lla (and then
>> modifying the la bit to include that it can take constants)
>>
>> https://github.com/riscv/riscv-asm-manual/blob/master/riscv-asm.md
>>
>> I also left a comment in the middle of the source about "lla 0xFFFFFFFF"
>> on RV64I, which I think should be supported.
>>
>> Thanks for the patch, and sorry for making so much more work :)
>

> My original plan was to add this lla documentation to:
>
> https://github.com/riscv/riscv-isa-manual
>
> Why do you have two places for assembler documentation?

We are removing the assembly-programming section of the ISA manual to
separate it into its own separate assembly programming manual, located
here: https://github.com/riscv/riscv-asm-manual/ -- please contribute
the documentation there.