[PATCH] Re: Don't relax undefined symbols on ppc.

Douglas B Rupp rupp@adacore.com
Tue Jul 24 15:32:00 GMT 2018



On 07/24/2018 07:46 AM, Douglas B Rupp wrote:
> 
> 
> On 07/23/2018 10:40 PM, Alan Modra wrote:
>> On Mon, Jul 23, 2018 at 08:59:49PM -0700, Douglas B Rupp wrote:
>>> While I was working in gdb trying to figure this out I noted that
>>> abfd->filename contained the name of the input object, so I believe your
>>> contention that abfd is a constant cannot be correct.
>>>
>>> I'm assuming then that toff, which is indeed the symbol index, must 
>>> be the
>>> index w.r.t. the symbols in the input object, leading to the uniqueness
>>> problem.
>>
>> Yes, abfd can change between one invocation of ppc_elf_relax_section
>> and the next, but the branch_fixups list starts from scratch each time
>> too.
>>
> 
> Between our production version of binutils and FSF head, I see that 
> "struct one_branch_fixup" has moved from a static struct to a stack 
> variable. :/
> 
> --Doug
> 

Mea culpa.  Thanks for helping me sort this out.

--Doug



More information about the Binutils mailing list