[PATCH + test RFA] MIPS/LD: Fix crashing with a discarded dynamic relocation section

Nick Clifton nickc@redhat.com
Fri Jul 20 11:30:00 GMT 2018


Hi Maciej,

>  Most fail though, having produced rubbish in the dynamic segment just as 
> MIPS would had it not crashed in `_bfd_mips_elf_finish_dynamic_sections'.  
> I'm leaving it up to the respective maintainers to address; the piece I 
> added in `_bfd_mips_elf_size_dynamic_sections' can serve as an obvious 
> example.  The only winners are `bfin-*-*' and `score-*-*'; they pass.
> 
>  One problem with a generic ELF `run_dump_test' case is that they are run 
> in bulk with a glob matcher, precluding target-specific flag passing.  As 
> a result the test fails for `nds32*-*-*' and `tic6x-*-*' targets without 
> actually checking whether they set dynamic contents right.  I have XFAILed 
> them for the time being, but a solution has to be eventually found.
> 
>  OK for the test part then?

Approved.  Better to have a testcase that fails than a problem that no-one knows about...

Cheers
  Nick
 



More information about the Binutils mailing list