[PATCH v5] MIPS/GAS: Split Loongson MMI Instructions from loongson2f/3a

Maciej W. Rozycki macro@mips.com
Fri Jul 20 02:00:00 GMT 2018


Hi Paul,

> >  Most importantly however I think this ASE should use the Loongson name
> > space to emphasise that this is a vendor rather than an architectural ASE.
> > I have updated the names throughout your change accordingly.
> 
> I think the -mloongson-mmi option are too long to use, we perfer to
> use -mlmmi option, The 'l' means Loongson name space. The attached is
> v5 patch.

 I am inconvinced.

 The purpose of a namespace is to unambiguously identify the owner.  Now 
if another company, say Luscious, comes with their MMI ASE, then how do 
they call their interfaces?

 Nobody else can however come up with Loongson-MMI, because if they did, 
then they would be an imposter as they are not Loongson.

  Maciej



More information about the Binutils mailing list