./test-driver missing in 2.31 tarball?
Nick Clifton
nickc@redhat.com
Mon Jul 16 13:11:00 GMT 2018
Hi Andreas, Hi Gabriele,
> I noticed that the gold testsuite fails completely in 2.31. It seems like the
> file test-driver is missing in the release tarball.
>
> Is this a mistake or is there some reason for it?
It is a mistake. The test-driver file was added to the top level of the
binutils source directory, but it was not added to the src-release.sh
script used to make release tarballs. Hence it was omitted. (Plus when
I tested the release tarball I forgot to run the gold tests, which is why
I did not notice the omission).
It seems that the ar-lib file is also missing, although I think that that
is only needed for gdb.
Plus I really want to include the patch for PR 23409, so it looks like I am
going to have to make a point release. :-( I will wait a couple of days
however just to see if any other problems surface. Then I will make the
release.
Cheers
Nick
More information about the Binutils
mailing list