New GAS testsuite failure on the 2.31 branch

Tamar Christina Tamar.Christina@arm.com
Thu Jul 12 13:06:00 GMT 2018


Hi Nick,

I've just re-tested it and had a colleague test it as well and for both of us there's no error.

The message you're describing would be consistent with gas not having been rebuilt before
running the test as line 26,27 and 28 has mla which is the first instruction the patch updates.

Could you try rebuilding it again and checking? If it's still there I will try to figure out what else could be causing it.

Cheers,
Tamar

> -----Original Message-----
> From: binutils-owner@sourceware.org <binutils-owner@sourceware.org>
> On Behalf Of Tamar Christina
> Sent: Thursday, July 12, 2018 12:55
> To: nickc@redhat.com
> Cc: binutils@sourceware.org; nd <nd@arm.com>
> Subject: RE: New GAS testsuite failure on the 2.31 branch
> 
> Hi Nick,
> 
> Sure thing, hmm weird I did run check-gas before committing.
> 
> I'll take a look!
> 
> Regards,
> Tamar
> 
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: Nick Clifton <nickc@redhat.com>
> > Sent: Thursday, July 12, 2018 12:07
> > To: Tamar Christina <Tamar.Christina@arm.com>
> > Cc: binutils@sourceware.org
> > Subject: New GAS testsuite failure on the 2.31 branch
> >
> > Hi Tamar,
> >
> >   I have just started seeing gas testsuite failures like this:
> >
> >     FAIL: gas/aarch64/illegal-by-element
> >
> >   Looking in the logs it appears that the assembler is not generating
> >   all of the error messages that the test is expecting.  In particular
> >   there are no errors for lines 26, 27 and 28...
> >
> >   Would you mind taking a look at this please ?
> >
> > Cheers
> >   Nick



More information about the Binutils mailing list