How are config.sub and config.guess synchronized?

Nick Clifton nickc@redhat.com
Thu Jul 5 11:32:00 GMT 2018

Hi Sebastian,

On 29/06/18 11:43, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> On Jun 29 2018, Sebastian Huber <sebastian.huber@embedded-brains.de> wrote:
>
>> How are the config.sub and config.guess files synchronized? I naively
>> copied the two files from
>>
>> https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/config.git
>>
>> to the Binutils master, but this resulted in a lot of changes.
>
> That just means that there were many changes upstream since the last
> sync (commit b5778783ad), which isn't unusual.

Right.

Sebastian -  to answer your question: there is no formal basis for
synchronizing these files.  It just happens on an ad hoc basis.

So please go ahead and update the files.