Define __start/__stop symbols when there is only a dynamic def

H.J. Lu hjl.tools@gmail.com
Sat Jan 27 17:44:00 GMT 2018

On Fri, Jan 26, 2018 at 7:29 PM, Alan Modra <amodra@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 26, 2018 at 10:02:38AM -0800, H.J. Lu wrote:
>> I don't quite understand what issues Alan's patch is trying to fix.
>> Alan, do you have a testcase to show that it fails without your
>> change?
>
> See the thread starting with
> https://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2018-01/msg00265.html

Michael opened PR ld/21964:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-binutils/2017-08/msg00195.html

which is exactly the same issue.  PR ld/21964 is fixed with testcases.
Apparently, PR ld/21964 testcases in binutils source tree don't cover
his use case since he still has problems.  I'd like to know what use cases
which PR ld/21964 testcases don't cover.

--
H.J.