Volunteer to maintain about-to-be-obsoleted targets

Kean Johnston kean.johnston@gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 12:24:00 GMT 2018

Hello everyone,

I would like to volunteer to maintain two targets due for obsolescence.
*-*-sco3.2v5* and *-*-sysv5. I know these particular targets had rather
(well deserved) emotional baggage in the past but I am still asked to
maintain ports for them due to my past involvement. In fact just this
weekend I compiled binutils for *-*-sysv5 in preparation for reviving GCC
support on that platform, should that team accept my changes.

Caveat: for the sco3.2v5* target only ELF will be supported. None of the
mixed mode COFF / ELF crap that is native to the platform.

So ask requested by the configure message, I am hereby stepping forward to
maintain these platforms.

Sincerely,
Kean