[PR22764][LD][AARCH64]Allow R_AARCH64_ABS16 and R_AARCH64_ABS32 against absolution symbol or undefine symbol in shared object under LP64 abi.

Renlin Li renlin.li@foss.arm.com
Mon Feb 5 14:10:00 GMT 2018

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the review!

Regarding for the indirect symbol case you pointed out,
I saw the following code in elfNN_aarch64_check_relocs ()

>       if (r_symndx < symtab_hdr->sh_info)
> 	{
> 	  /* A local symbol.  */
> 	}
>       else
> 	{
> 	  h = sym_hashes[r_symndx - symtab_hdr->sh_info];
> 	  while (h->root.type == bfd_link_hash_indirect
> 		 || h->root.type == bfd_link_hash_warning)
> 	    h = (struct elf_link_hash_entry *) h->root.u.i.link;
> 	}

This is done before the check happens.
Does this mean, h is already been processed to points to final symbol?

Regards,
Renlin