Questions about upstreaming a new port [MRISC32]

m m@bitsnbites.eu
Sat Dec 15 22:57:00 GMT 2018

Hello all!

As part of my hobby CPU project (called MRISC32) I have made an initial
port of binutils for the CPU.

Currently I'm fine with keeping the port as a patch series in a personal
Git repository (that I keep rebasing on top of the latest version of
binutils). However...

What are the requirements for getting a port upstreamed? (I can
understand that a CPU architecture may be out of scope for mainline
binutils if it's not a "popular CPU", but I'm still interested in
knowing what you think)