[PATCH] Set DEMANGLE_RECURSION_LIMIT to 1536
Nick Clifton
nickc@redhat.com
Mon Dec 10 15:12:00 GMT 2018
Hi Michael,
> I think this points toward the limit being _much_ too low.
Fair enough - several other people have said this as well. So
I have proposed an alternative patch instead. My current suggestion
is to raise the limit to 2048, which allows the libiberty patch to
pass. But do you have a feel for how much is a realistic limit ?
> demangler, just looking at the symbol name and demangled result I don't
> readily see where the depth of recursion really is more than 1024, are
> there perhaps some recursion_level-- statements skipped?
I do not think so. Unless there are some long jumps in the demangling code ?
I did a quick scan and did not find any, but I could have missed something.
Plus of course I cannot guarantee that my patch is bug free, although looking
at it again I do not see where I missed a level decrement.
I think that the demangling code just is really recursive...
Cheers
Nick
More information about the Binutils
mailing list